How do startups find investors?
Fundraising Oct 08, 2018
- Go work for another early stage startup and get to know the investors there, then build a relationship with them. When you leave, this is your base to raise money from.
- Attend startup conferences like the amazing LAUNCH Scale conference put on by Jason McCabe Calacanis and team. It’s epic for meeting companies and founders.
- Apply to accelerators like the LAUNCH Accelerator – even if you don’t get in, you’ll probably meet some folks.
- Set up an AngelList profile and message investors as you grow your company
- Attend local meetups hosted by Entrepreneurs – ask them for intros
Don’t attempt to build your investor list by cold emailing or calling – it doesn’t work. Find investors by looking at the companies they have invested in, and get in touch with those founders. Build a relationship, then ask for intros.