What is a growth team?
Growth Oct 12, 2018
A growth team sits at the intersection of the product management, sales, and marketing teams. The primary role of a growth team is ensure that customers and/or users (depending on what type of company you have) connect value to the product and experience you are offering.
So what do growth teams really do? What we really do is take ideas and execute them in the wild against a testable set of metrics. The metrics that we typically track against are commonly referred to as Pirate Metrics.
Here they are:
- Acquisition – getting people to your site/app/experience
- Activation – getting people to take some action you want them to take
- Revenue – getting people to spend money with you (or, time, if that’s your currency)
- Referral – getting people to tell others about you
- Retention – getting people to come back again and again to experience your product value